I finally made these!! I have been meaning to make these for years and I’m so glad I finally did. Spotted on Not Martha years ago. Megan’s blog is awesome!
A few tips I have for these are:
- Definitely don’t skimp on the refrigeration times
- Use the proper tool to cut out the shapes and make sure they are straight. Helps when assembling them. I did not use a little slicer, but a small knife and my cookies were not as smooth as they could have been.
- Roll the dough out thin. I didn’t really pay attention to the thickness, but the thinner the better.
- I cut the gingerbread recipe in half and found that was plenty
- I also used a pre mix bag of royal icing to make things easier. Just add water.
- Double count your cookie cut outs making sure you have the right number of roofs and walls…
View original post 63 more words