Got to wonder. Capitalism – Productive? Destructive? Both? Discuss 🙂
Everything from algorithmic trading in investments to lean manufacturing has been invented to drive up corporate profits. Following Gordon Gecko’s mantra, “Greed is good,” one has to wonder, if enterprises have gone through such creative measures to optimize everything and eke out new marginal efficiency, what can a modern company do to boost the bottom line? Look to the top performing net margin industries, of course.
Looking at the Fortune 500, the average net margins across the Fortune 500 were 7.28 percent with a median of 6.75 percent; however, the top two performing industries by net margin in 2011 were tobacco and software, with 21.50 percent and 19.88 percent, respectively. Clearly, tobacco and software maintain a wide gap when compared to these normative measures, and these numbers persisted through 2012.
Can companies in other industries incorporate tobacco or software into their business to boost margins?
Okay, so maybe not tobacco…
View original post 790 more words
Brand New Video Pitch
For donations to help fabricate select items from furniture line and exhibit at tradeshows in NY, LA, Toronto, & Chicago (from Jan. – June 2014) to get orders, press, and business partners.
Kevin Steinberg, Principal
STEINBERG design studio
ABC Carpet & Home
Lady Gaga is taking another big step in her effort to help troubled teens. The pop star announced Saturday she will be offering free counseling before shows on her Born This Way Ball tour in 2013. Mental health professionals will staff the BornBrave Bus, where fans can take advantage of various forms of therapy as well as food, games and music.
The service is designed to relieve the stigma of seeking help, Gaga said on Facebook. “At the BornBrave Bus you have access to professional private or group chats about mental health, depression, bullying, school & friends,” she wrote. It’s the latest of the singer’s exemplary efforts to address teen issues; early this year she launched the Born This Way Foundation to combat bullying and abandonment.
Instagram shminstagram. I’m starting a new way to connect called “Message in a Bottle”. Its very simple if you follow these stept:
1. You type a message into a Word app. on your Smart Phone
2. Send that message to your Tablet
3. Forward the message to your Laptop
4. Move it onto a Flash Drive
5. Plug the Flash Drive into your Desktop Computer
6. Print up the message on your Printer
7. Place message in a bottle (* remember to include your; address, home phone number, cell phone number, business number, fax number, emergency contact, website url, email address, blog site, Facebook info, Pinterest username, LinkedIn info, Twitter account, and any other way you may be contacted)
8. Take bottle with message in it and fly to the Coast
9. Rent a car from the airport and drive to the nearest beach
10. Set the bottle with message adrift in the ocean
11. Drive back to the airport and fly back home
12. Wait about 10 months for a response