Got to wonder. Capitalism – Productive? Destructive? Both? Discuss 🙂
Everything from algorithmic trading in investments to lean manufacturing has been invented to drive up corporate profits. Following Gordon Gecko’s mantra, “Greed is good,” one has to wonder, if enterprises have gone through such creative measures to optimize everything and eke out new marginal efficiency, what can a modern company do to boost the bottom line? Look to the top performing net margin industries, of course.
Looking at the Fortune 500, the average net margins across the Fortune 500 were 7.28 percent with a median of 6.75 percent; however, the top two performing industries by net margin in 2011 were tobacco and software, with 21.50 percent and 19.88 percent, respectively. Clearly, tobacco and software maintain a wide gap when compared to these normative measures, and these numbers persisted through 2012.
Can companies in other industries incorporate tobacco or software into their business to boost margins?
Okay, so maybe not tobacco…
View original post 790 more words
Undoubtedly CAD software has become today an essential part of Interior Design business. If several decades ago it was impossible to imagine Interior Designer who cannot draw, today it becomes reality: more and more Interior Design students do all renderings by means of CAD software. We can discuss long hours the downside of this phenomenon and the benefits of ability to produce hand drawn renderings, however this is not the subject of this article.
If you look at job vacancies, you will see that even to get an Internship in the company Interior Design student is expected to have perfect CAD skills. We can like it or not but CAD is a must thing to learn nowadays to sSoftay competitive on the market. However, many of professionals are actually stuck with the choice of software as there are so many available. This article is aimed to review all popular programs…
View original post 1,183 more words
Instagram shminstagram. I’m starting a new way to connect called “Message in a Bottle”. Its very simple if you follow these stept:
1. You type a message into a Word app. on your Smart Phone
2. Send that message to your Tablet
3. Forward the message to your Laptop
4. Move it onto a Flash Drive
5. Plug the Flash Drive into your Desktop Computer
6. Print up the message on your Printer
7. Place message in a bottle (* remember to include your; address, home phone number, cell phone number, business number, fax number, emergency contact, website url, email address, blog site, Facebook info, Pinterest username, LinkedIn info, Twitter account, and any other way you may be contacted)
8. Take bottle with message in it and fly to the Coast
9. Rent a car from the airport and drive to the nearest beach
10. Set the bottle with message adrift in the ocean
11. Drive back to the airport and fly back home
12. Wait about 10 months for a response